I am having trouble uploading a file, what could be wrong?
If you are not able to upload a file, please be sure that:
- There are no special characters ($%^&*()@!#) in the filename.
- There are no spaces in the filename.
- The PHP settings are set appropriately for the size of the file that you are trying to upload. Check the upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings, which can often be set to low values by default. Please see the server software installation article for recommended PHP settings. If necessary, please contact your server administrator or hosting provider about this. Please be aware that liveSite does not limit the size of files that can be uploaded, however other server settings might.
If you are uploading a large file and it keeps timing out (never uploads successfully), then here is a trick you can try:
- Upload a small file through your liveSite Control Panel with the exact same name as the large file you want to upload. It can be a simple text file, just make sure it's filename (name and extension) matches the large file.
- FTP the large file into the liveSite files folder on the web server. That is typically found at /livesite/files.
Now within liveSite, any links to the small file will serve the large file instead. You can replace the large file via FTP as many as you need too. Just be sure that liveSite has a file with the same filename in it's Control Panel (either the Files tab or the Design Files tab).